St Patrick’s Church Fortitude Valley Endowment
The heritage listed St. Patrick’s church in Fortitude Valley is a living legacy of the vision, sacrifice and determination of those who handed on the faith to us. In 1843, a year after the Moreton Bay Penal Colony was declared an open settlement, Fr James Hanly arrived and gathered the 60 or so Catholic families together. To accommodate the growing community in Brisbane, St. Patrick’s church was built between 1880-1882. It replaced an earlier St. Patrick's, erected in Wickham Street.
About the Fund
With the support of the Parish Finance Council, we have established the St. Patrick’s Church Endowment Fund. This fund will support the work and ministry of St. Patrick’s Church in perpetuity. In inviting you to consider supporting the St. Patrick’s Church Endowment Fund, our hope is that the fund will continue to grow with donations and bequests from parishioners and friends over the years. In this way we all have the opportunity to hand on the faith and provide a lasting legacy.