Renew your membership or join the Assembly for 2017 before 31 Jan.
Date Friday, 3 November
Venue Hilton Hotel, Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Time 12pm – 2pm
Dress Business attire
New member info
The ACP draws together over 200 professional men and women that share an interest in the Catholic life to hear exceptional speakers address issues and trends in the life of the Church.
The Assembly of Catholic Professionals brings together top professional minds from business, healthcare, education, law, commerce, mining and other sectors.
Since its first event in 2011, the Assembly has a firmly established reputation for engaging local, national and international guest speakers who discuss their personal and professional experiences from a uniquely Catholic perspective.
The Assembly meets quarterly, over lunch, in a relaxed setting in the Brisbane CBD. All luncheons begin at noon and have a firm ending at 2pm.
The Assembly encourages all those interested to become a member of this growing professional network in Brisbane. Your 12-month membership includes:
- Quarterly luncheons with an exceptional guest speaker and the opportunity to network.
- An invitation for you and a guest to attend the members-only Christmas Party hosted by the Archbishop of Brisbane.
The ACP is a great opportunity to enhance your faith-life and build your professional network.
3 things members should know
- We know members are busy, so we ask that you RSVP the Monday before each luncheon for catering and seating purposes.
- All luncheons are included in your membership, so single events are non-refundable. However, you always have the option to send a friend or colleague in your place. Please email email@example.com a minimum of 4 working days prior to luncheon with your replacement’s full name, email address and place of employment.
- Should you wish to sit with a colleague or potential business partner please email firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 4 working days prior to the luncheon with your request.
What our members are saying
“The Assembly of Catholic Professionals provides us with an opportunity to listen to the experiences of other Catholics and to share our own experiences as we continue on our journey of faith. The speakers have been great and have provided us with material for self-reflection and for family discussion. We are inspired by the faith and life experiences of the members and speakers, and value the fellowship fostered by the Assembly.” –Marjorie & Wayne Wessels, Wessels & Co
The ACP luncheons have grown a reputation for engaging local, national, and international guest speakers.
Previous speakers include Peter Carne (Public Trustee of Queensland), Art Lohsen (award-winning architect, Franck & Lohsen Architects), Catherine Tanna (Managing Director Energy Australia, serves on Reserve Bank of Australia Board), Tim Fischer AC (former Deputy Prime Minister, Australian Ambassador to the Holy See), Mark (Olympic Medallist and businessman) & Tracy Stockwell OAM (Olympic Champion), Br Guy Consolmagno SJ (Research astronomer, Director of the Vatican Observatory), Sophie York (barrister, naval officer, University of Notre Dame lecturer), Francis Sullivan (CEO of the Truth, Justice and Healing Council), Tim Kirk (Australian Winemaker of the Year, CEO Clonakilla Winery), Matthew (environmental engineer, quadruple amputee survivor, co-author of Will to Live) & Diane Ames (civil engineer, co-author of Will to Live), Fr Brian McCoy SJ (Jesuit Provincial), Damien Frawley (CEO of QIC, former Wallaby)…