2018 Grant Awardees
1. Star of the Sea Catholic Parish, Cleveland – Funding for a youth minister.
2. Kingaroy Nanango Parish – Funding for youth ministry, including sound equipment.
3. Emmanuel Worship – Funding for three goals: A Regional Diocesan Live Worship Experience, Employment of a Resource Development & Training Officer, and a Venue Tech expansion.
4. All Saints’ Catholic Church, Boonah – Funding for the formation of a youth group.
5. Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, Kenmore – Moggill – Funding for Alpha gatherings, materials and subscriptions.
6. St Peter’s Parish, Rochedale – Re-establishment and development of children’s and youth ministries, focusing on Liturgy and Spirituality funding.
7. Emmanuel Community – Funding for Growing Sundays and Growing Discipleship opportunities.
8. Holy Family Parish, Indooroopilly – Funding to employ three coordinators for 2019, including youth, sacramental preparation, and RCIA.
9. St Benedict’s Catholic Parish, Mango Hill – Employing an Event Coordinator who will lead a team of five to plan and organise events to build up the Catholic community and to raise funds for main assets.
10. Our Lady of the Southern Cross Parish, Springfield – Funding to develop 80 parish leaders through three Leadership Summits in 2019.
11. Darra Jindalee Catholic Parish – Funding for a youth retreat.
12. Our Lady of Fatima Parish Youth Group – Funding to attend the Ignite Conference.
13. Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Parish, Gatton Laidley – Funding for parish renewal since the amalgamation of the two parishes. Funding to assist with leadership and pastoral development, evangelisation and youth ministry.
14. Holy Spirit Youth Ministry – Funding for youth formation and leadership including youth leadership retreat, outreach ministry, Youth Camp 2019 – Camp North Pine, and Sports Day 2019.
15. Mother of Mercy Parish, Hendra Northgate Hamilton – Funding for Youth Ministry Coordinator.
16. Chinese Catholic Community of Brisbane (CCCB) – Funding to support a young adults camp in 2019.
17. Surfers Paradise Catholic Parish – Partial funding for the Alpha course with 77 participants.
18. Parish of St Joseph and St Anthony, Bracken Ridge – Funding for a retreat day for young people.
19. Burleigh Heads Catholic Parish – Funding for Youth Ministers Intern Accompaniment Program on the Gold Coast.
20. Reclaim – Funding to assist in the production of the Reclaim young adults initiative.
21. Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish – Funding to enrol the Parish Secretary in a ‘Certificate IV in Christian Ministries and Theology’ course.
22. Mother of Mercy Parish, Hendra Northgate Hamilton – Funding for three projects: Adult education and ongoing faith formation, Ignite conference participation, and music ministry.
23. Parish of St Joseph and St Anthony, Bracken Ridge – Funding to start mothers’ groups in the parish. To be run twice per year.
24. Nightfever – To continue ‘Nightfever’ events twice per year.
25. Venire Youth – Funding for the purchase of speakers for Youth Music Ministry.
26. Holland Park Mt Gravatt Parish – Smart television to be used to encourage faith formation.