This year 20 parishes established a new Parish Endowment Fund to provide parishioners with the opportunity to give a gift now or in their Will to a perpetual fund that will sustain parish programs and ministries every year for generations to come.
The following parishes opened an endowment in 2016:
- Albany Creek – All Saints Parish Endowment Fund
- Annerley Ekibin Parish Endowment Fund
- Brisbane Oratory Endowment Fund
- Burleigh Heads – Infant Saviour Parish Endowment Fund
- Caloundra – Our Lady of the Rosary Parish Endowment Fund
- Camp Hill – St Thomas the Apostle Parish Endowment Fund
- Clayfield – St Agatha’s Parish Endowment Fund
- Corinda Graceville Parish Endowment Fund
- Darra Jindalee – Our Lady of the Sacred Heart & Church of the Twelve Apostles Parish Endowment
- Enoggera – St John the Baptist Parish Endowment Fund
- Hendra Northgate Parish Endowment
- Jubilee Catholic Parish Endowment Fund
- Manly – St John Vianney’s Parish Endowment Fund
- Noosa District – Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Parish Endowment
- Redcliffe Holy Cross Parish Endowment Fund
- Regents Park – St Bernadine Parish Endowment Fund
- Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish Endowment Fund
- Stafford – Our Lady, Queen of Apostles Parish Endowment Fund
- Wilston – St Columba’s Parish Endowment Fund
- Yeronga – St Sebastian’s Parish Endowment Fund
There are 100 parishes within the Archdiocese of Brisbane and only two parishes had endowments prior to the launch of the Parish Match Program (an initiative of the Finance Council of the Archdiocese of Brisbane) in mid-2015. There are now a total of 25 parish endowments in total – see the full list here!
By launching an endowment these parishes have created a fund dedicated to the needs of the parish forever. Parishioners who make a gift in their Will to the endowment can do so with the confidence that the principal gift will be invested and never be spent down while earnings are distributed each year back to the parish.
Many parishioners have a deep and personal connection to their parish, nurtured by the celebration of the Sacraments, family milestones, schooling, friendships and support over many years. Bequests are typically the largest gift that a person will make in their life. A perpetual endowment fund provides an appealing legacy option for this type of gift.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane is committed to helping parishes raise more funds through bequests and build up future financial sustainability through endowments. Through to 31 December 2016, the Archdiocese will match the first $10,000 contributed by a Parish in order to reach the minimum balance of $20,000 to open a new fund.